Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thing#18 Zoho Writer (Online Productivity)

This here blog was written in and published from Zoho Writer! Well I can tell right now that I will use Zoho, as I am always emailing copies of my CV's, cover letters and various other documents friends for them to look at, give opinions on and edit and it makes far more sense for me to share with them on Zoho (a one stop shop) than send my documents far and wide via cumbersome attachments. I like the way the icons are laid out and I especially love the strikethrough tool-it will be great for editing purposes so you can see what might have been rather than having to refer back to an earlier copy and it functions just like the nice firm cross out with a lead pencil. I have often had problems opening documents and finding them in strange formats when I use them on different computers, so hopefully Zoho will circumvent this nuisance. I have just 'shared' a document and it gives you the option of 'read only' or 'read/write'.

I also just checked the shared document on the receiver(my colleague's) email and it looks.....just the same as when I wrote it, although.....I selected read/write yet the document does not allow him to edit it? Maybe it's because the email I registered on Zoho with is not yet verified( I keep checking to no avail)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like zoho is a winner here